Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Hey, sleepy head!

Isn’t it amazing what a good nights sleep can do.
Yesterday I was even too tired to blog or upload pictures. Whatever next?! The night before I went to bed at silly o’clock. I’m not actually sure of the precise time, but I know it was a silly time to go to bed on a work night. It was my friend Caron's birthday meal - spaghetti bolognaise, garlic bread, salad, and chocolate cake. Delicious. And the night flew by at a frightening speed.
Our other dear friend Annie also joined the birthday meal, and I am racking my brain to remember the last time it was just the three of us. Unlike the old days, where we were joined at the hip and more or less lived together in Caron's bungalow. I have very fond memories of that bungalow, and the trampoline in the lounge.
There were many, many things to discuss before, during and after the meal. Therefore it was silly o’clock when we retired to our beds, and I was a very tired girl yesterday. I must have yawned a million times, I must have drunk about a thousand mugs of coffee and I must have looked at the time and sighed a hundred times. Okay, I’ve exaggerated these amounts; I don’t think it’s possible to drink a thousand mugs of coffee in one day. But can you see the point I am making? I was tired. With a capital T.
When I finally left work and reached my house, my mother commented, “You look shattered!” I know!
After dinner with my parents, which wasn’t ideal, as my aunt telephoned while I was still eating, and my mother and aunt started discussing urine infections and other bodily functions. Too much information! My knife and fork were hastily placed on the kitchen table and I decided my bed was calling me.
It seemed a little too early to actually get into my bed, so I climbed onto it and watched ‘super skinny verses super size’ and ‘wife swap’, which I’d taped the other night. ‘Super skinny verses super size’ is a good programme to watch, reminding yourself to eat healthily, and not over eat or under eat. And ‘wife swap’ is a good programme to watch if you are nosey, like myself, and you enjoy peering into other people’s lives. Kind of like blogging! Although I must admit I was fighting to keep my eyes open last night, during these television programmes.
At last it was bed time! I don’t know if I’ve ever been so happy to see my pillow, or welcomed sleep in such a joyful manner.
I feel one hundred per cent revitalised today. I feel as if I could leap over small buildings and run around the world. Yep, it’s amazing what a good nights sleep can do.

Picture of the day:

Birthday cake.

18 comments:

Krystle said...

mmm that cake looks delicious!! :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Krystle

One more day for you! I’m afraid to report it’s been really, really windy today.

But the cake tasted as gooey and yummy as it looks!

Spangleystar said...

You'll be pleased to know that there is the tiniest of slivers of the cake left. Yep all gone in me !!!
xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

I could eat that cake again right now!
Glad you have been tucking in!

xxx

Spangleystar said...

PS - I know the weather is shocking here right now but at least it's still properly light when we leave work at 17.30 - summer's on its way !!!
Hurrah !
xxx

Amel's Realm said...

I LOVE sleeping and I agree with Krystle: that chocolate cake looks SO inviting. YUM YUM!!!

I'm glad you had a good night's sleep after sleeping so late he he he...

Kate said...

Horizontal. The best way to be.

Blur Ting said...

The cake looks to-die-for! Oh, I remember growing up, my mum used to discuss bodily functions with my aunt too. In their case, mostly about tummy upsets and consequences... unpleasant ones of course

I like your mum's expression "You look shattered". Fist time I heard someone using it this way. She would have said the same thing to me yesterday too cos I was too tired to do anything much. I didn't even do my fav thing..ie to blog!

JYankee said...

YUMMY! that's all I can say... give me that!!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangley

Roll on summer, and spring! Light evenings and still blue skies - I've missed you!

xx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Amel

How are you today?

You can't beat a good old fashioned eight hours sleep, or more!

Be over to you in a min...

The World According to Me said...

Hello Kate

Horizontal is a darn good position to be in!

Have a nice day.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur

How are you?

You understand what I mean then?! My mother has some funny conversations with her sisters! They don't seem to mind what they talk about. Too much information sometimes!

So you were shattered and too tired to blog? Hope you have more energy today.

Oh and the chocolate cake was indeed to die for!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Wouldn't it be good if it was a virtual chocolate cake and we could all have a piece right now!

Happy Thursday.

seagrape said...

chocolate cake and a good night's sleep...yum.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

Choc cake and sleep, what more could a girl want?! Apart from George Michael flooding your house!

Rebecca said...

yummy looking cake!

Glad you are feeling better. I am eagerly awaiting a full night's sleep, s this cold has kept my awake every night coughing!!

But, it's Friday afternoon. Not much longer :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Rebecca

Every time I see the cake picture I remember how yummy it was and start fantasising about eating it again!

Sorry to hear about the cold and the restless night. Hope you are feeling better now and you've had a decent nights sleep.