Friday, 28 March 2008

The glass is half full

I have decided not to moan today. Even though my germs have been replaced with tooth ache. My wisdom teeth are pushing through my gums again, and it’s a very delicate process. But hey, I’m not going to moan, I’ve swallowed my ibuprofen and it’s positive thoughts only today!
Are you having a positive kind of day? A kind of day where you bounce out of bed and thank the lord that you are alive? A day where you see rainbows in the sky and hear birds singing in your ears?
Or are you sadly shaking your head and thinking that your day has been swaying towards the negative side? If that’s the case, let’s try and be positive together! Banish the negativity, burn the frustrations, empty your mind of less purer thoughts(and tooth ache).
Let's be grateful and positive. Sounds easy enough to me, and far nicer than moaning.

So, I have complied a list of things I have appreciated today:

Waking up in a comfortable double bed. Usually I am a single bed girl, but last night I stayed at my friend Carons. As well as enjoying her company and pasta, it was great to spread all five foot four inches of me in a double bed, all to myself. Bliss.

The magazine which we had to put forward a day, went to press relatively stress and problematic free. The extremely tall publisher will be pleased when he returns from another over seas trip. And it meant I didn't have to work over time.

It actually didn't rain as I left the office at five today, so I managed to stay dry all the way to the train station and to my house. And read the free newspapers on the trains without a wet umbrella balanced on my arm. The wet balancing act can be a tricky one.

Chinese take-away for dinner! Munching Kung pu chicken, in my pink pyjamas, while watching my favourite soap 'Coronation Street.'

A glass of bubbly to relax me and remind me that it's Friday. And you know what Friday means don't you? No work tomorrow and no alarm clock to disturb me from my George Michael related dreams. I'm hoping to dream about him tonight.

Does life get any better than this?!

Your turn now! I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Picture of the day:

Lovely bubbly.

14 comments:

Kate said...

Sometimes, it's the little stuff that pulls us through, huh?

Flaming Nora said...

If you like Coronation Street you might like to sneak a peek at http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com

Hope you don't mind me leaving this little plug for me little site!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

It sure is the small stuff sometimes!
Hope you are having a pleasant weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Flaming Nora

Nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting and posting.

I've had a nose at your sites, and love them both.

Coronation Street is the superior soap!

Amel's Realm said...

HEY, my first wisdom tooth is also pushing through my gum and it's not a nice feeling, though I don't need to take any medicine yet...BUT my nose is still runny. I do hope I'll soon get over this "cold". I read somewhere that it took 2 weeks or something? So I should be fine starting this week since it started last week he he he...

Anyway, one positive vibe from me is that yesterday mom-in-law gave me some salted salmon AGAIN since she knew I liked it so much HUE HE HE HE HE HE...I ADORE thoughtful people and I hope I can become thoughtful as well. :-))))

Cheers to positive vibes!!!

Nick Phillips said...

It's Monday. And I hate Mondays and judging by how the morning is going so far it doesn't look too good!

But I'll try to put a positive spin into the week :D

Leigh Russell said...

Nothing like a glass of bubbly! drink enough of it and you might even get to see those flying elephants you claim don't exist. As if!

spangleystar said...

EASTENDERS ALL THE WAY xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Amel

I'm afraid I'm not feeling so positive today, my tooth is killing me and I've hardly slept!
I'm off to the dentist in a mo to see what should be done about it!

Hope your cold clears up soon and your tooth doesn't cause you any further problems.

Enjoy your Salmon and take care.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

Keep up those positive vibes, despite the fact it's Monday and it's not been a good start so far! Things can only get better!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Leigh

Nice to hear from you. I have been checking your blog for updates.

Ha, ha, maybe soon I'll see the flying pink elephants!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

How are you?

Will email you in a bit, off to the dentist now. I can't cope with the pain anymore!

But personally I think Corrie rules!

xxx

Blur Ting said...

Oh dearie me. I was gone for 2 days and you've been sick! But you're such a positive gal. You deserve to get well immediately. Hope you feel better all over today.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur

How was your trip?

I now have infected gums! Just got back from the dentist. My wisdom teeth seem to have brought an infection with them. But I've got some antibiotics, so I'm hoping the infection will go away asap!