Monday, 11 February 2008

Where am I?

Hola! That was my feeble attempt to speak in Spanish. Anyone care to guess where I am right now? Do you have a tiny inkling? For those who are still none the wiser - I am in Spain. A Barcelona hotel room is my exact location.
Yes folks, it's the Mobile World Congress. And so far it's been one mini disaster after another! Okay, maybe 'disaster' is a harsh word to describe life at the MWC. But it doesn't matter how organised you are, how postive you try to be, things out here never go quite to the original plan.
There has been missing keys, missing magazines, the wrong chair, the incorrect exhibition stand set up, team arguments and a suspected broken finger.
It was not my suspected broken finger (for once my clumsiness can not be blamed), it was my work colleague and friends finger. After three different hospital trips with her, and a lot of sitting around, it has been confirmed it's a fracture, and not a break. It's still jolly painful, and inconveinent to have your finger bandaged.
Apart from that, everything has been fine!

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment, brought to you live from a certain hotel room in a certain foreign country.

PS I look forward to catching up with your blogs very soon! I haven't forgotten you.

Pictures of the day:

What do you think of the show so far?








12 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Wow, cool! How time flies...you're there already! Looks like a cool place. I hope you have fun!

Krystle said...

Great to hear from you from Spain:) I hope you are having a good time (apart from the small problems which cropped up)! bdw nice pics! Take Care :)

seagrape said...

enjoy!

nyumix said...

HI... you are not really that far from Belgium. Hope you will have a nice time there

JYankee said...

hola! cant wait to see and hear more!

Spangleystar said...

Get yourself up to Danzatoria !!!
If of course you get a second to yourself !!!
Missing you already xxx

Amel's Realm said...

GREAT pics. They made me wanna be with you there to enjoy the place ho ho ho ho ho ho...

Kate said...

Wow! It's big! I hope the weather stays nice for you!

La delirante said...

Enjoy! Barcelona is a really beautiful city!

The World According to Me said...

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all your comments. Barcelona is a great place, pity I have to work!

Hope you are all well.

Rebecca said...

Hiya. Catching up...sorry for the long absence. Why is it that conference halls look the same world over?!?!? Sorry to hear of the mini disasters, but as you so aptly stated, it is par for the course.

Have a great time!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

How are you today?

They do have that distinctive look!

Hey, what’s life without a mini disaster?!