Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Training

Yesterday I put my sensible head on and attended an Acrobat 8 training course. My not-so-sensible head had to be left behind with my packed lunch. (I realised my packed lunch would not be needed as luncheon vouchers would be issued with the training notes, writing pad and pen.)
And it seems to be one extreme to the other with me. I'm either darting around and panicking about the time, or arriving at places ridiculously early. I arrived at the training course ridiculously early - 45 minutes before the scheduled time. I was worried there would be delays on the trains or I'd find myself hopelessly lost, searching for the correct building. Therefore I left my house with plenty of time to spare, and to my astonishment, the trains were running without any delays and my map reading was a success.
So a coffee was purchased to kick-start my brain into gear and I sat in the course seating area, nervously reading the notes and hoping I would understand all the technical jargon.
My not-so-new boss arrived shortly after me. "Blimey you're keen," she commented. Then the two of us disappeared into the designated room with the tutor.
The course began. Just the one small complaint, the tutor was fond of demonstrating the Acrobat package to us at lightening speed. "Could you repeat that please?" and "I'm lost!" could be heard too many times from my not-so-new-boss and I. Sometimes these words were said with annoyance, sometimes amusement, and sometimes pure and utter despair.
We managed to complete the course, and I now understand Acrobat 8. Should there ever be any doubts regarding my understanding, I have a certificate to prove it.
Two more courses are booked for this week. I'm hoping to be a fountain of knowledge before the week is out. Or maybe I'll just be very tired.

Picture of the day is Westminster Abbey, which is situated near the training course building:

Thank you for watching. This space has been filled:

12 comments:

JYankee said...

eeeww...acrobat 8 course? yikes... though i took one for powerpoint once...that was kinda fun... "Kinda" that is....

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

I think 'kinda' fun is the best word to describe certain courses!
But I know how to put videos onto clients advertisements now, should the occasion ever occur!

Spangleystar said...

Fancy a trainer not recognising the pace she needed for her trainees ! Perhaps she needs a certificate in how to train :oD
xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

I know, it's a disgrace! He needed to be trained in training!

xxx

Hazel said...

wow. so cool ahh

Spangleystar said...

Ah I just re-read it - the trainer didn't say blimey you're keen !!! That was your not so new boss ! That'll teach me to spare longer than a second to comment in future!

PS - am watching this space but no pic ! Strongly suspect you're on another course today xxx

Krystle said...

Hello:) I hope you are having a good day!

I think that the good thing about going on courses or seminars out of the office once in a while is that it breaks the routine and you change the environment :)

The World According to Me said...

Hi Hazel

How are you?

More training courses to follow!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

That will teach you! Wouldn't of surprised me if he'd said that though! He kept saying how great it was that we got two coffee breaks and finished an hour before the normal working day!

Picture is now on display!

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

My day is not too bad thanks. How about you?

Definitely agree with you there, nice to have a break from the daily routine and the normal environment. And to learn something too!

Amel's Realm said...

GREAT pic!!!! :-)))

I know what you mean about despair or annoyance or amusement 'coz that's what we feel in our Finnish course HA HA HA HA HA...;-D

Anyway, I know nothing about Acrobat 8, so BRAVO for you! :-)))) You know, at first when I read it, I thought you were going on a real "ACROBAT" class HA HA HA HA HA...Ahem!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

You know all about despair and annoyance then!

Alas I’m not a trained acrobat! Now that would be cool!