Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Surprise!

What are your views on surprise endings? I have finished reading ‘Something Might Happen’ and I must say I was surprised at the ending. I won’t spoil it for anyone who might indulge into the book themselves, but the ending rather took my breath away.
Personally, I am a big fan of a tale with a twist. Maybe that’s why I love Stephen King so much. You never know want journey he is going to take you on, and where the journey will finish. He must have strange dreams that man, if his everyday thoughts and stories are anything to go by. I wonder if he shares the same dream as me - animals attempting to eat him?! I’d like to think I have something in common with him! Or maybe I should stick with both of us suffer from poor eye sight.
The next book on my shelf is ‘Case Histories’ by Katie Atkinson. Anybody out there read this book? Incidentally it comes recommended by Mr King himself.
I didn’t have any spare time to read this book last night, as my dear friend Helen picked me up for our monthly meeting. Our monthly meeting in the cosy and warm atmospheric pub. Vintage cheddar and home made chutney baguettes, with chunky chips, and a glass of chilled white wine. And my friends good company to accompany the food and drink. A perfect way to spend a Tuesday night. Or any night of the week really.
Her adorable seven children, our favourite chocolate bars and our mutual friends wedding arrangements were discussed. Until we were both yawning from exhaustion and over-eating.
And the surprise ending of the night for us, was the peacock strutting around in the car park. I managed to follow him and take a snap shot for Flying Pink Elephants. Here he is below. I hope you like him.

Picture of the day:

The colourful peacock.

22 comments:

Spangleystar said...

My you're brave - here's something that not many people know about me (although you already might!) I am terrified of peacocks - actually pretty much any feathery thing, but peacocks are the worst. Even your picture made me feel a little uneasy...
xxx

Krystle said...

I admire you for taking the pic :) If it was me I would have run away a mile!! I am terrified of anything with feathers! Strange isn't it?!

nyumix said...

I never try to stand near peacocks, afraid they will attack me..

By the way, I have a tag for you. Maybe you would like to do it. :)

La delirante said...

Lovely pic :) I love peacocks. I also love books with a twist. Tomorrow I'm buying one that I had been looking for a couple of months! A good story about a treasure hunt :)

Kate said...

Hey, Peacock! You're supposed to be in bed!

Amel's Realm said...

OHHHH I LOVE surprising endings! ;-D I've never read Stephen King's books, though he he he...I prefer reading thrillers and dramas and chicklits.

Have a FUN weekend, btw! ;-D GREAT shot of that peacock!!!

Rebecca said...

your monthly meeting sounds wonderful! And I really liked the peacock!

The World According to Me said...

Hello my dearest Spangleystar

Well I never knew that! And I thought I knew everything about you!

Hope the pic hasn't made you feel too uneasy honey.

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

How are you?

I must admit, I did wonder if the peacock would appreciate me following him, or whether he'd turn on me and tell me to go away!

Most people have something they are terrified of, it seems it's feathers with you?
Hope my pic hasn't scared you too much.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nyumix

Hmm, you're not a fan of peacocks too? I did wonder about it attacking me, but my desire for taking a picture was greater than my fear!

Oh I love being tagged. Thanks. I'll go and have a look at it....

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

You can't beat a tale with a twist, not in my eyes! Glad you agree. Look forward to hearing about the treasure hunt.

Happy weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

How are you?

My friend and I actually commented on all those feathers getting in the way of sleeping, and where he would be sleeping that night! Maybe he was going to have one more beer before bed time!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

Surprise endings rule the world!

Glad you like the peacock.

Have a happy weekend and see you soon.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

How are you?

I love our monthly meetings, always great to see my friend.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Look out for any peacocks!

seagrape said...

a peacock! love it '.'

Hazel said...

hi a simple tag for u. Have a nice day!

Nick Phillips said...

Books with a surprise ending are the best kinds. That's what makes the book all that more interesting.

Nice picture of the peacock.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

How's life treating you?

Glad you like the colourful peacock!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Hazel

Hope you are well.

Thanks for the tag, I'll take a look at it in a minute or two...

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

I totally agree, surprise endings are the best.

I look forward to catching up with 'anything goes' today.

三杯雞Sam said...

,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社

宮保雞丁Alex said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,徵信,抓姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,錄音,背叛,商標,商標,GPS,離婚