Thursday, 14 February 2008

My feet hurt

Happy Valentines Day to you! Can you sense the romance in the air? Is cupids arrow flying your way? Or perhaps not?!
For me, the perfect companion right now would be a pair of slippers, to hug and support my poor aching feet.
I feel drastically sorry for my feet. What have I put them through? The comfortable shoes were not so comfortable - are they ever?! I have been standing on my feet at the Congress for four days, ten hours each day, trying to register as many people as possible to our on-line-newsletter, with the chance of winning an Apple ipod. And at the same time trying to tempt them with a free magazine and subscription. It's been tough on my feet. I have blisters on my blisters, and aches in places I didn't know I could possible ache.
I thought I would share these aches and pains with you. How generous I am!
But can you see now why a pair of slippers would be the answer to my prayers? Or a massage. Or a new pair of feet. Can you do that? Can you buy new feet?! If so, I'll have a pair of size 4's please, in immaculate condition, without a blemish or a sore bit in sight. Sheer bliss.
Who needs red roses or slushy words if you have slippers and soft skin on your feet?! Romance is over rated anyhow.

For those who are being treated tonight to a table for two, with a romantic setting, enjoy!
I'll leave you with pictures of my not so romantic Spanish night out, with work colleagues. But never the less, the food was tasty, and the traditional Spanish atmosphere was soaked up, along with plenty of white wine.

Pictures of the day:

Barcelona restaurant.






18 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Poor poor feet. I've had days like this when I just feel like tossing them away and go barefoot.

The restaurant looks authentic. I would love to be in your shoes. I mean only the dinner part, not the working part.

Spangleystar said...

The hanging Jamon's look amazing - did you have any ? I love serrano ham - oooh you're making me hungry !

Soooo looking forward to seeing you next week - I'll get the foot bowl out and we can do pedicures !!!

lots of love
xxx

Krystle said...

I hope your feet will feel better soon!! A nice pedicure would be a good idea! Have a nice weekend :)

Amel's Realm said...

SORRY to hear about your feet. Maybe you should have a foot massage later on. ;-D

And the pics are GREAT. Eating in a nice resto and being serenaded as well? AWESOME! ;-D

Enjoy your weekend!!! ;-D

seagrape said...

feel better feet.

JYankee said...

those photos look fab.. sorry about your feet...but i bet the rest of your body and taste buds soaked up the sounds and excitement of Spain!

Hazel said...

so, how's your feet now? it's ok?

La delirante said...

I hope your feet are better now :) Hope you had a nice Valentine's day :) I didn't do anything so special but I still had fun :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Bur ting

How are you?

Oh many times I have wanted to toss my feet away!

The restaurant was indeed authentic, it was a great night out. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe the next evening, not so authentic but still a good night out!

The World According to Me said...

Spangleystar, how bright you shine!

I had chicken at the Barcelona restaurant! It was yummy.

Can't wait to see you Thursday! Foot bowls sound very relaxing!

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

How are you?

My feet have nearly recovered!

Hope you had a nice weekend. I slept and slept and slept when I arrived home!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

How's life over there? Be over to you soon.

Glad you liked the pics - music, food and wine, it was a memorable night out.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Seagrape

Hope you are good. Look forward to visiting you soon.

The feet are nearly back to normal!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

How are you today?

The taste buds certainly did soak up the food and wine! I thought I would try to capture the atmosphere on camera!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Hazel

Hope you are well. Nice weekend? Be over to you soon.

My feet are a million times better, thanks for asking!

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

So you had fun on V day? Be over to you soon to catch up with all your news.

I've caught up on some sleep and rested my feet, so I'm raring to go again!

Rebecca said...

Mmmmmmm. hanging ham and wine. Just throw in some crusty bread and cheese, maybe some chocolate...Heavenly.

Time to soak the tootsies. Maybe when you get home you can treat yourself to a nice pedicure!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

Crusty bread, cheese and chocolate, my favourites!
I salute your taste!