Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Here's one I made earlier

Create – to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
I have intentions to create very soon. Since the merry month of last December, I have made all my Christmas and birthday cards. I’ve really enjoyed making them. Each card has been suited to the individual receiver and I have found the process therapeutic and rewarding. Father Christmases, snowmen, snowflakes, balloons, birthday cakes - they have all featured on my cards. Okay, I’m not quite ready to open my own card shop or buy a stall at the next craft fair (it’s a nice thought!) but I think I’m ready to progress to other creative things. Hence the book below ‘The complete practical book of crafts’. I excitedly purchased the book the other day, my head swimming with ideas and gift opportunities.
It’s exactly two days until pay day (hey, who’s counting?!) and I’ve already made a list of arty pieces that I require – tracing paper, paints, pens, etc and I’ve been searching my house for boxes and glasses and other such items to paint and decorate. Oh what fun I’m going to have, and probably what a mess I’ll make too.
It’s Mothers Day soon, so I think my lucky mother will be my first creative victim. Hmmm, if I could only decide which of the 300 ideas to choose from. This could take some time!
I’ll let you know how I get on.

Picture of the day:

Blame it on the book.

10 comments:

Spangleystar said...

Wow - the book looks fab ! It's such a lovely idea, none of us really want for anything (thankfully) and it's so lovely to get something so personal ! Lucky Mum !
xxx

Amel's Realm said...

INTERESTING!!! I suck at making handicrafts, though ha ha...but HAVE FUN with your project(s)!

And by the way, if you wanna read a bit more about coining, here goes:

Coining

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangley

There's nothing like the personal touch!
Plus the book was a bargain, reduced from £15.99 to £4.99. And we all love a bargain, don't we!

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

I'll start on the easy projects first!

I now understand what coining is. Thanks for the info. I shall bear it in mind next time the occasion occurs!

Blur Ting said...

Wow, that's such a good habit (to give cards) and hobby (to make them) to have! I always enjoy receiving a hand-crafted card. In fact, just the other day, one journalist did an article in the papers saying that he would actually prefer to receive a personalised card from his girlfriend than an expensive gift!

La delirante said...

I read Amelia's comment...I also suck at making handicrafts, unfortunately because I like them very much. I bought a nice magazine so I could learn how to make a couple and I managed with a birthday card. Then, I didn't have enough time to go-ahead...How I wish I had more time for myself :(

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur ting

That's good to hear, that the journalist prefers personalised gifts to expensive gifts. With my finances, I hope more people think like him!

Hope you are having a pleasant day.

The World According to Me said...

Hi La Delirante

Practice makes perfect, or nearly perfect!
I know what you mean with the time factor though, I am beginning to wonder how I can squeeze this all in. Somehow I will...

Have a nice day!

Nick Phillips said...

That looks like an interesting book. I suck at all things crafty ...

Have fun and do posts some pix of the stuff you make over here ...

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nick

How are you?

I'm still ploughing through it and deciding what to make! But expect pictures of my attempts at being creative!