Friday, 22 February 2008

Everything she wants

How much fun can two girls have with a bottle of wine, a digital camera and a George Michael CD? The answer is – lots of fun!
Last night my friend Caron and I were together again. We met at our usual meeting place, and this time headed to a converted fire station. It’s been converted into a pub now, for thirsty passers-by, without a fire engine or a fireman in sight. We had a couple of drinks to line our stomachs and de stress ourselves from the busy working day (that was our excuse, and we’re sticking to it).
After our drinks, the boyfriend picked us up from the train station, and it was back to their delightful home to chop vegetables (I was chief chopper) and open a bottle of Pino Grigio. Dinner was a delicious pork, vegetables and mashed potato combination. Thanks Caron! Compliments to the chef.
After dinner we reminisced about telephone calls to The Sun newspaper and playing ‘Happy Christmas everyone’ in my loft. I won’t elaborate, let’s leave it there.
“Would you like to listen to George?” Caron then enquired.
Is the sky blue?! Is grass green?! Is water wet?!
“Yes please. I always want to listen to George!” was my reply.
And so the music played, lyrics were yelled at the top of our voices, dance routines were attempted, and the camera came out to capture the scene. What a fantastic night.
I’m not feeling too clever today though. Is it home time yet?
I wish you all a fantastic weekend, and I hope it’s full of everything you want!

Pictures of the day:


Put him on!


My partner in crime and wine.


Casually chatting on the telephone.


I do like this wall.


You're all heart!


Nope, I haven't seen your tangerines.

24 comments:

Spangleystar said...

The clementines picture just gets funnier each time I look at it ! No hearts, flowers or champagne then ? and to think I practically ripped the lamp out of the kitchen ceiling to assist you with the perfect lighting !!

Why can't we have fun without feeling bad the next day ? Ah well - All worth it !!!

seagrape said...

uh huh huh...
oh..oh...
uh huh huh...
doo doo doo...
la la la la la...

The World According to Me said...

I'm saving the others for a rainy day!
I feel like my head has been trampled on by a thousand elephants, and I have the concentration span of an elastic band. How are you feeling?!
Ruddy good night!

The World According to Me said...

You know the song too, Seagrape?!

Somebody told me, boy everything she wants is everything she sees, I guess I must have loved you, cause I said you were the perfect girl for me..!

Spangleystar said...

and now we're six months older and everything you want and everything you see, is out of reach not good enough - I don't know what the hell you want from me !!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

I have just laughed out loud at your response!

Why do I do the things I do? I'd tell you if I knew!

Amel's Realm said...

Girl, you certainly KNOW damn well how to have fun HE HE HE HE...LOVE the pics and story! ;-D

Have a blessed weekend! ;-D

Hazel said...

haha, u look enjoying ur life..

JYankee said...

what more could a girl want? wine, good food, friends, George crooning in your ear???? LOL sounds like a blast!

nyumix said...

Funny pictures, my friend. Btw, you should try to join that paid blogging. Just for fun an a little money only. :)

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

LOL! George Michael! I just love it. "And now you tell me that you're having a ba-by...I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to..."

Double earring George...we never could figure out if he was gay.

Blur Ting said...

Oh, you gals were really having so much fun!! I haven't gone crazy like that for ages...

Nick Phillips said...

I loved the pictures. Look like you guys had a great time :D

La delirante said...

"converted fire station. It’s been converted into a pub now" That sounds cool! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Have a nice week!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

Well, as Cyndi Lauper once sang: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!"

Hope you had a fun weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Hazel

How are you? I certainly enjoyed myself that evening!

Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Oh it was a blast! An edge of heaven blast!

Be over to you soon. Hope all is good with you.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Katherine

How are you? Nice to hear from you.

"One step further and my back will break, if my best isn't good enough then how can it be good enough for two?!"

I didn't actually realise until he was erm 'caught' that he was gay! I'd heard the rumours but I didn't believe them. My mother had to break the news to me. I'll never forget that day.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nyumix

I'm going to look into this being paid for blogging lark. It sounds a fine idea to me - being paid for doing something you love doing!

Hope you are well.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur ting

I think going crazy every once in a while is good for the soul!

Look forward to catching up with you soon.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

How are you? Are your neighbours still in tact?!

Glad you like the pics!

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

I hope you had a good weekend?

It was a pretty cool place. It was rather packed though, so any pictures wouldn't have done it any justice.

Dav DiDi said...

Hi ...

I'm spreading news around to stop cruelty on animals ...

Please support .. thanks :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Dav Didi

I totally, one hundred per cent support you. There is no excuse whatsoever for cruely to animals.

Be over to you soon.