Thursday, 31 January 2008

Who's got the biggest heart? And the scary suit jacket

Just when I was thinking: "Can something nice happen please?" It did. In the form of an award from my friend Blur. Such a pretty picture and a very touching sentiment – Biggest Heart award.
I shall proudly parade it and pass it on. Thanks for putting a smile on my face Blur!



I would like to pass it on to:

http://hle-patienceofasaint.blogspot.com/

http://www.ramblingrebecca.blogspot.com/

http://nyumix.blogspot.com/

http://katediggins.blogspot.com/

http://www.kryblings.com/

http://www.simhazel.com/


I would also like to present this award to my non-blog-site friend Spangleystar, as she deserves it. And I'd like to put a smile on her face.

There are others I would have mentioned, but I can see Blur has already done so, hopefully you know who you are! (Jyankee, Seagrape, Nick, La Delirante, Mike, Amel.)

Now, is it stupid to be scared of a jacket?! My suit jacket to be precise. The only suit jacket that I own, which comes out to play once a year for the World Congress.
It’s not as if it’s suddenly turned evil and started chanting menacing words and curses at me. That would be scary! I’m scared of it in case when I finally pluck up the courage to try it on, I discover it’s too tight and restricting my blood supply. The blood supply thing could be potentially lethal, not to mention jolly uncomfortable.
Because my dangerously low funds do not stretch to a new suit jacket, this one is going to have to do. Can you see my predicament?
Despite the fact that recently my gym membership has never been used so much, I’m still concerned and putting off ‘the grand suit jacket try on'.
I haven’t visited the gym this much since I joined a few summers ago. And that was because us Brits actually had a summer, and the outdoor pool was the ideal place to laze around with my friend, chatting, reading our books, and scoffing the barbecue food. Until it dawned on us that those big machines inside the gym were meant to be used, otherwise we would never be fit and toned. Which was the whole point in joining a gym really.
So, I have been preparing myself for the jacket try on, the treadmill has played a large part in my preparation, and avoiding my fathers cheese has played another essential part.
Okay, by writing this post I can see that this suit jacket business is getting silly and out of hand. The sooner I try it on the sooner I can relax and stop getting in a tizwaz about it.
Deep breath, repeat after me: "Tonight's the night."
Fingers, arms, eyes and toes crossed that it actually fits me. Then the scary suit jacket can return to it's former innocent, less sinister self. Oh I do hope so.

Picture of the day:

I love sunflowers.

25 comments:

Rebecca said...

I, too, love sunflowers. Such happy flowers! Do let us know how you and the jacket fared...I am sure it went fine, but some confirmation would be nice :)

Thank you so much for the award, that was sweet. I will post it shortly...muah!

nyumix said...

Thank you so much. I really like the awards :)

Blur Ting said...

You deserve the award World cos it's always hearm warming to read your posts.

I haven't worn a jacket in years and I'm quite surprised that you don't, given the cool weather. It's way too hot here. I'm sure you'll fit ok...well, if not now, maybe later, after you've done your running on the machines.

Blur Ting said...

sorry about the typo... I mean heart warming...

seagrape said...

hi there! just saw the premiere of Eli Stone - he had visions of George Michael singing Faith and I immediately thought of you ^.^
i'm sure the jacket will fit you perfectly.

JYankee said...

i love sunflowers too... hmmm....about the jacket...run a few quick laps around the building before putting it on????

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

I totally agree with you, sunflowers are such a happy looking flower.

You are welcome with the award. Credit where credit is due.

As for the jacket - IT FITS!! It's a little on the tight side if I do the button up, but it fits! Phew. I feel like a whole weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Hope you have a great weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nyumix

Hope you are well. My pleasure with the award.
See you soon.

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Blur. Snap!

I'm more of a cardigan girl to be honest. In the office the production team (me and my boss) are allowed to dress casual, so we do. Hence the cardi, or a denim jacket, in the winter.
But for the conference we have to make an effort and dress smart. Hence the one suit jacket that I own. Which, I hasten to add, fits me! Life is looking up!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape.

That's funny that you thought of me when you saw the George visions! Incidentally, I dreamt about him last night! He moved into my house, much to my delight. But he left the taps on and flooded the house so my mother asked him to leave!
Good film?

Happy weekend to you and your family.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Sunflowers are the best!

Good tip with the running around the building first! But I was brave and tried the jacket on last night, and all is well.

Have a smashing weekend!

Amel's Realm said...

I understand your problem. A suit jacket isn't exactly cheap. I had that problem once when I gained some weight. My suit jacket felt too tight and it became uncomfy. Well, hopefully you found that it still fit you well. :-))))

LOVE that sunflower pic. I LOVE sunflowers, too...and sunflower seed he he he...

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

Suit jackets can be very expensive, you're right. Especially when you only need to wear one once a year!
But luckily my one lives to see another year!

Glad to hear you like sunflowers too.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Krystle said...

Hello:) how are you? thanks so much for the award! :) I will post about is soon! Have a nice weekend :)

Rebecca said...

"I feel like a whole weight has been lifted from my shoulders!"--no pun intended, right :P

I'm so glad it fits! And who says you have to button it?? Just wear a spectacular shell, and you're done.

Have a great weekend--your's has begun already, yes? I have about 5 or so hours to go...

seagrape said...

Yay! It fits.
Flood in dreams represents deep emotions. And George controlling the tap means he has complete control over you ^.^
the show is quite engaging and there will be more George Michael visions on the next episode. you can catch the first one on abc.com

Nick Phillips said...

Congrats on the award. You definitely deserve. Have a great weekend!

La delirante said...

Congrats on the award! :) I love sunflowers too :) Have a lovely week!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

Hope you had a good weekend.

You are welcome with award.

Be over to you at lunchtime.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

Oh yeah, no pun intended!

Exactly, who says I have to button it, I'll go for the unbuttoned look!

Hope you had a great weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Seagrape

The scary suit jacket is not so scary now!

Hmmm, I suppose George does have some kind of control over me!

I'll look the show up. Thanks for the tip.

Happy Monday!

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Nick!

You too!

Hope you had a good weekend. Be over to you soon.

The World According to Me said...

Thanks La Delirante. And you!

How was your weekend?

See you soon.

spangleystar said...

Ah thanks honey !
You're so sweet xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Spangleystar

My pleasure!

Watch out for that cheese!

xxx