Wednesday, 16 January 2008

Strawberry cream dream and the 24 hour umbrella

Hello. I hope you all had a pleasant evening last night? I know I did.
I met my friend Caron at waterloo train station. After a slight delay on the train (nothing unusual there) and scurrying along the pavement, underneath umbrellas (even less unusual for it to be raining), we entered the nearest, suitable pub (and that was no surprise either!). Oh it was lovely to see her. The sofa with-the-window-view was sat on, and our 'life updates' were exchanged, while consuming a glass of white and a glass of red.
“Shall we have another one?” I enquired after the first glass. But I was informed that the boyfriend was roasting potatoes for our dinner, and a bottle of white was awaiting our arrival. What more could a girl ask for?
Off to her house we trekked, grateful that the rain had finally stopped, so there was no need for me to use my £2 umbrella. The bargain £2 umbrella which I had purchased that very morning. The bargain £2 umbrella which is now falling apart. That’s why it was so cheap. I knew there had to be a catch somewhere along the line - it only lasts for 24 hours.
At my friends house, the wine bottle was opened and a very tasty dinner was appreciated and enjoyed. Blogging and our forthcoming weekend to Devon was discussed. I am literally counting the days until the weekends adventure. Visiting our mutual Devon friend, and the sea and a Mexican restaurant are on the agenda for this weekend. Roll on Saturday.
And isn’t it great having a blog?! Otherwise my friend would not have known my passion for chocolate strawberry creams. For on her shelf, beautifully arranged, there was a display of chocolate strawberry creams. All for me! What a treat.
And how fast do you think I ate them? The answer is, fast enough thank you. They were a strawberry cream dream.

Pictures of the day:

Dinner time.


Chocolate time.

17 comments:

Krystle said...

mmm I love those strawberry chocolates:))

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

You have good taste! They are yummy!

JYankee said...

I think you have good friends and that friend has a boyfriend who is apparently a good cook by the looks of your pics! the sweets look good too btw... have a nice weekend???!!!

Blur Ting said...

Looks like a really nice weekend ahead! Wow, your friend and her bf are really good to you. I shall blog more about my favourite treats from today onwards and hope to be invited for dinner :-)

Hazel said...

wow..i lve the strawberry chocolate..even i know it will increase my weight

Nick Phillips said...

Those pictures of the food look absolutely yummy. It sure isn't going to do my diet much good though ... LOL!

Now that is what I would call good friends :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

How are you?

Yep, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Expect pictures and ramblings!

I am blessed to have such good friends. Although, credit where credit is due, my friends boyfriend was in charge of the potatoes but it was my friend who cooked the remainder of the meal. And it was delicious.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur Ting

Good idea - write about your favourite treats and see what happens!
All joking aside, it was very thoughtful of my friend to collect the strawberry creams for my arrival!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Hazel

Arr, the weight thing! Yep, that's the one draw back! I best leave them alone for a little while, before I start looking like a strawberry cream!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nick

The food was yummy indeed! Very much appreciated, and so are my friends.

Be over to you soon...

La delirante said...

@Hi!! Those strawberry creams look awesome:) I love strawberries :)

Looks like you had a great time with your friend and the food looks fantastic :)

You are planning to go to the Mexican restaurant during the weekend? I like Mexican food a lot :) Have you tried "frijoles fritos? Son buenĂ­simos! oh, sorry, that means fried beans, and they are really good!

Have a wonderful day!

The World According to Me said...

Hi La Delirante

Mmmm, strawberries and strawberry flavours!

Yep, a table has been booked at a Mexican restaurant. I haven't eaten the food you mentioned but I'll look out for it on the menu.

Have a wonderful day too.

spangleystar said...

and he only followed instructions re: the potatoes - it only turned out great because this time he listened to them properly !!!

Still I wouldn't change him for the world and I shouldn't complain as after all it did enable us to have a quick glass of wine and girlie catch up first !!!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Spangleystar

Thanks for listening the boyfriend!

It was great to have him on potato duty for our catch up!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a lovely evening...I don't think they sell the strawberry creams here, though...hmmm.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

It was a great evening.
No strawberry creams over there?! That's criminal!

Carlo said...

Good Job! :)