Tuesday, 1 January 2008

New Years Day

So that's another year been and gone. Do you feel older and wiser? Are you full of hope and new years resolutions which you are determined not to break? Or maybe you're still full of Christmas food and a fuzzy head.
As for me, it's the usual new years thoughts - get down the gym (tomorrow morning, without fail), work harder in the office, complete training courses, be an asset to the company, and pray for a pay rise. Visit places I have never been to before and experience things I have never done before, while appreciating my family and friends and hoping for a happy and healthy year.
Oh and to meet George Michael and buy my own property would be nice.

All these thoughts and questions reminded me I was tagged a little while ago by my friend Blur Ting. It's an interview type tag, so I've done my homework and filled in my answers and here they are, you lucky readers:

Instructions - Remove 1 question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged. Whoever does the tag will have blessings from all.


1. My question: If you were to write your life story what would the title be and why? 'I never promised you a rose garden' would be the title of my book. I think the title has a nice ring to it, but not only that, I think it sums up life - along with the sunshine there has to be a little rain sometimes.

2. If there is something you’d like to change about yourself (whether physically or emotionally), what will it be? Okay, where shall I start?! I would like to be taller and slimmer, with thicker hair and clearer skin and perfect eye sight. I would like to be less sensitive and more confident. But then again, that wouldn't really be me, would it?

3. If you were to be stranded on a desert island, who are the 3 blog buddies you would take with you? Why?
-Patience of a saint because we are good friends in real life, and I know we could talk for hours and reminisce about the old days.The time would fly by and there would be plenty of laughter.
-Blur Ting because I think she would be great company, with so many interesting tales to tell of places she has visited. Hopefully she would have her camera with her to show me her pictures. Plus I think we could knock up some tasty dishes to eat, and she could teach me a thing or two about cooking.
- Jyankee because she comes across as warm and easy going with a good sense of humour. And she may have her Coffee Bean with her who is adorable.

4. Where is the place that you want to go the most? There are many places I would like to visit - New Zealand, Lapland, Thailand... At the moment anywhere warmer than here would be nice!

5. If you can have 1 dream to come true, what would it be? Meeting George of course!

6. What's the best compliment you've ever received? When I was younger I hated looking younger than my age. I was always the one who was asked for I.D. The other day someone asked if I had passed my driving test yet! No they weren't commenting on my poor driving, it was a passing comment, as apparently they thought I was much younger than my correct age. I take that as a compliment these days!

7. What are you afraid to lose the most?
My loved ones. Everything else is replaceable. You can't replace the ones you love.

8. If you win $1 million, what would you do? I would take my family and friends on an all expenses paid holiday of a life time. I would buy myself property and set a business up, so I could be my own boss and do something creative and constructive.

9. If you meet someone that you love, would you confess to him/her? Or would you keep it to yourself and observe from afar? I don't believe in missed opportunities. I would get to know this person, and when the time was right I would confess my feelings. Hopefully by then the feeling would be mutual!

10. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you. Blur appreciates her loved ones and life, she is full of energy, and seems a very loyal and caring person.

11. What are the requirements that you wish from your other half? Here's my list: Patient, loyal, caring, understanding, generous, sensitive, romantic, humorous, calm, fun to be with. Is that too much to ask?!

12. Which type of person do you hate the most? Evil, selfish people. The world would be a terrible place if everyone had these traits.

13. What is your ambition? To look back on life without any regrets. I may not always get it right but at least I tried!

14. What is the thing that will make you think he/she is bad? Someone who has no regard for other peoples feelings. They will do anything and knock anyone down to get what they want.

15. Christmas is coming, who do you like to celebrate with? My family and friends. Forget all the commercial side of Christmas, as long as you are with the people that you love, that's the true meaning.

16. What do you think is the most important thing in your life? People take their health for granted, if you are healthy you can enjoy life and be with the people who mean the most to you.

17. Are you a shopaholic or not? I like buying new outfits but I'm not a shopaholic. I'll avoid a shop if there are queues and I'm not in the mood. My mother has a 'born to shop' badge. But mine is a 'born to shop when I have the money and when it takes my fancy.'

18. Which actress or actors you would like to be? I think Bridget Bardot was stunning. I wouldn't mind looking like her in her prime!

19. It would be 2008 in a few days, do you have a new year’s resolution?
To respect my health more.

20. Do you have any plans for tomorrow? I'm off to the gym to loose a few pounds, and then off to the shops to loose a few pounds. Hopefully I'll purchase an outfit for an approaching awards evening. Posh frock here I come. (But I'm not a shopaholic!)

Now it's your turn. Anyone who reads this, feel free to answer the questions.

Picture of the day:

Flowers for New Years Day.

16 comments:

Nick Phillips said...

Hi and Happy New Year :D

You'd like to meet George Michael? Well, I would love to have met him when he was still part of that duo Wham! I was so crazy about him back then.

I'm not too keen to meet him now though ... LOL!

JYankee said...

Good Meme! Hmmm.. George eh? Dont think I can arrange that...LOL... and being with you and Blur on an Island??? That would be soooo awesome..thanks for thinking of me..think of all the FUN we could have...

patience of a saint said...

FPE, thank you so much I feel so honoured that you would choose me to have on your island. Think we could handle an island as we surely couldn't get lost???????
OMG what a compliment asking you if you had passed your driving test! Think I would have passed out !

Happy new year to you and your family and here's to fun and laughter in 2008. x x x x

La delirante said...

"get down the gym (tomorrow morning, without fail)" :) That is one of my resolutions too :) Great answers :) I also want to go to New Zealand and Thailand one day :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh, those are such good answers! (and I don't mean the ones about me...though they're greatly appreciated :-D)

I think we would have a blast getting stranded on an island together we may just want to stay there forever!!

I wish you'll get to meet George Michael someday soon.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

Same to you!

I would definitely like to meet George Michael! Can you fix it for me? Okay he's looking older and greyer than his Wham! days but to me, he's still got it!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

Where's that island?! We would have a blast! And imagine if George played a guest appearance?! Okay, I have to stop this now before people think I am obsessed with him!

The World According to Me said...

Happy New Year to you and your lovely family Patience!

Thinking about it, we would probably still get lost on a desert island! Look out for yellow bags and big guys!

Can you believe someone said that to me recently, with regards to my driving test?! It was a taxi driver the other day. Hmm, I suppose it was dark and he did look slightly bonkers! But it sounds good!

Lots of love xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi La Delirante

I hope you are well.

We'll have to encourage each other with our gym visits!

Imagine a trip to New Zealand and Thailand. Sigh. One day hey!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur Ting

We'd have fun on the island!
Glad you like my answers.

I'm not giving up hope with George!

Be over to you soon.

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year to you!! George Michael about 20 years ago would be awesome to meet! With that leather jacket he wore in several videos....

Here's to a happy, healthy, prosperous, fulfilling 2008!

The World According to Me said...

Happy New Year Rebecca. I wish you all the best for 2008.

A George filled 2008 would be good too!
I know what you mean about George in the leather jacket! Sigh.

Dav DiDi said...

Hi ..

You have a nice photo in your blogs ...

The World According to Me said...

Hello Dav Didi

Thanks for visiting and for your comment.
Hope to see you again!

Amel's Realm said...

It's great to finally get to know you. :-))) THANKS for leaving a comment in my blog. It means A LOT to me 'coz then I know that what I write is enjoyable he he...:-))))

A friend of mine also looks SO MUCH younger than her age. She used to complain about that, but I know that later on she'll enjoy her forever young look he he he...

The World According to Me said...

Hi Amel

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog.

I used to find looking younger than my age really fustrating, now I welcome any comments like that! Not that I get them too often now!