So that's another year been and gone. Do you feel older and wiser? Are you full of hope and new years resolutions which you are determined not to break? Or maybe you're still full of Christmas food and a fuzzy head.
As for me, it's the usual new years thoughts - get down the gym (tomorrow morning, without fail), work harder in the office, complete training courses, be an asset to the company, and pray for a pay rise. Visit places I have never been to before and experience things I have never done before, while appreciating my family and friends and hoping for a happy and healthy year.
Oh and to meet George Michael and buy my own property would be nice.
All these thoughts and questions reminded me I was tagged a little while ago by my friend Blur Ting. It's an interview type tag, so I've done my homework and filled in my answers and here they are, you lucky readers:
Instructions - Remove 1 question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged. Whoever does the tag will have blessings from all.
1. My question: If you were to write your life story what would the title be and why? 'I never promised you a rose garden' would be the title of my book. I think the title has a nice ring to it, but not only that, I think it sums up life - along with the sunshine there has to be a little rain sometimes.
2. If there is something you’d like to change about yourself (whether physically or emotionally), what will it be? Okay, where shall I start?! I would like to be taller and slimmer, with thicker hair and clearer skin and perfect eye sight. I would like to be less sensitive and more confident. But then again, that wouldn't really be me, would it?
3. If you were to be stranded on a desert island, who are the 3 blog buddies you would take with you? Why?
-Patience of a saint because we are good friends in real life, and I know we could talk for hours and reminisce about the old days.The time would fly by and there would be plenty of laughter.
-Blur Ting because I think she would be great company, with so many interesting tales to tell of places she has visited. Hopefully she would have her camera with her to show me her pictures. Plus I think we could knock up some tasty dishes to eat, and she could teach me a thing or two about cooking.
- Jyankee because she comes across as warm and easy going with a good sense of humour. And she may have her Coffee Bean with her who is adorable.
4. Where is the place that you want to go the most? There are many places I would like to visit - New Zealand, Lapland, Thailand... At the moment anywhere warmer than here would be nice!
5. If you can have 1 dream to come true, what would it be? Meeting George of course!
6. What's the best compliment you've ever received? When I was younger I hated looking younger than my age. I was always the one who was asked for I.D. The other day someone asked if I had passed my driving test yet! No they weren't commenting on my poor driving, it was a passing comment, as apparently they thought I was much younger than my correct age. I take that as a compliment these days!
7. What are you afraid to lose the most? My loved ones. Everything else is replaceable. You can't replace the ones you love.
8. If you win $1 million, what would you do? I would take my family and friends on an all expenses paid holiday of a life time. I would buy myself property and set a business up, so I could be my own boss and do something creative and constructive.
9. If you meet someone that you love, would you confess to him/her? Or would you keep it to yourself and observe from afar? I don't believe in missed opportunities. I would get to know this person, and when the time was right I would confess my feelings. Hopefully by then the feeling would be mutual!
10. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you. Blur appreciates her loved ones and life, she is full of energy, and seems a very loyal and caring person.
11. What are the requirements that you wish from your other half? Here's my list: Patient, loyal, caring, understanding, generous, sensitive, romantic, humorous, calm, fun to be with. Is that too much to ask?!
12. Which type of person do you hate the most? Evil, selfish people. The world would be a terrible place if everyone had these traits.
13. What is your ambition? To look back on life without any regrets. I may not always get it right but at least I tried!
14. What is the thing that will make you think he/she is bad? Someone who has no regard for other peoples feelings. They will do anything and knock anyone down to get what they want.
15. Christmas is coming, who do you like to celebrate with? My family and friends. Forget all the commercial side of Christmas, as long as you are with the people that you love, that's the true meaning.
16. What do you think is the most important thing in your life? People take their health for granted, if you are healthy you can enjoy life and be with the people who mean the most to you.
17. Are you a shopaholic or not? I like buying new outfits but I'm not a shopaholic. I'll avoid a shop if there are queues and I'm not in the mood. My mother has a 'born to shop' badge. But mine is a 'born to shop when I have the money and when it takes my fancy.'
18. Which actress or actors you would like to be? I think Bridget Bardot was stunning. I wouldn't mind looking like her in her prime!
19. It would be 2008 in a few days, do you have a new year’s resolution? To respect my health more.
20. Do you have any plans for tomorrow? I'm off to the gym to loose a few pounds, and then off to the shops to loose a few pounds. Hopefully I'll purchase an outfit for an approaching awards evening. Posh frock here I come. (But I'm not a shopaholic!)
Now it's your turn. Anyone who reads this, feel free to answer the questions.
Picture of the day:
Flowers for New Years Day.