Friday, 21 December 2007

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da Zippadee-ay, my oh my, what a wonderful day! Because it’s Friday, it’s my last day in the office until 2008, it’s pay day, and my cold has nearly gone! I think these are good enough reasons to be in a joyful mood.
I hope everyone else is happy?

I have been working at the speed of light today, to make up for being absent from the office yesterday afternoon.
We had our team lunch at a pizza place, handy location, within walking distance from the office. No prizes for guessing what I ordered - pizza. An Americana pizza to be precise, and it was very tasty. Although the knives were far too blunt (it was hard work cutting that pizza) and I had to ask the waitress to turn the heater down as I kept having hot flushes. I wasn’t the only one though, everyone turned a delicate shade of red, as a result of the boiling room temperature.
As well as lots of tempting pizzas on the menu, the menu boasted that famous diners such as the Marx Brothers, Mickey Rooney and Liberace had graced the restaurant with their presence. Alas, yesterday it was a celebrity free restaurant, there was just us lot from the 3rd floor.
After Pizza, we decided a visit to the pub was required, and a darts match would be fun. We all had to choose a bogus name for the match, so I decided I was 'The Careless Whisperer'. (I can hear the groans, as I’ve incorporated George into my life again!)
But I became too preoccupied with my wine, and with chatting, and didn’t actually throw one single dart. With my eye sight, it was probably just as well.
I had another pizza in the evening, not that I’m complaining, a girl can never have too much pizza (or shoes and bags). This time I ate it in the company of my friend Eve, as it was her birthday. Keeping up the home-made card tradition, I made her card and bought her a purse, which she requested. We watched Hairspray on DVD, which was the ideal light entertainment film. I must say, John Travolta was very convincing as a woman.
And here I am, back at my desk, about to tuck into a gingerbread Christmas tree, courtesy of Someone in the office.
Only another half day to go. But don’t worry, I’ll be blogging from my lap top at home, you don’t get rid of me that easily!

Happy Friday everyone!

After the pizza.


The gingerbread Christmas tree.

25 comments:

seagrape said...

a happy friday to you too!
enjoy your long break!

La delirante said...

Hi!! I also had a very busy Friday! I am off until next Friday :) It was also pay day at work :) Go to my blog when you have a chance :) I have given you a gift, a Christmas star :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Krystle said...

I'm glad you're feeling better:) Happy weekend :)

Rebecca said...

TGIF, indeed. I, too, am glad to see you are feeling better! Today was insane in our offices as well. Lunch with the CEO, conference calls, etc. Have a great weekend!

Hazel said...

first time here hope to be friends

JYankee said...

yes a happy friday and a good long break well deserved! great that you're almost over your cold!

Blur Ting said...

I see that you've already started partying on Friday!! Merry X'mas!

Leigh Russell said...

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year

Nick Phillips said...

Happy Holidays :)

La delirante said...

Happy Christmas!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

Hope you are well and ejoying the Christmas break.

The World According to Me said...

Hi la Delirante

Three cheers for Fridays and pay days!
Hope you have enjoyed your weekend.
Merry Christmas!

The World According to Me said...

Oh and Merry Christmas Seagrape! It's Christmas day now and I'm blogging!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Krystle

I am feeling much better, thank you.

Happy Christmas!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you are enjoying the festive period.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Rebecca

Hope you have enjoyed your weekend and Merry Christmas to you!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Hazel

Thanks for visiting and posting. I will be over to you soon.

Happy Christmas!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Leigh

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you too!

The World According to Me said...

Merry Christmas Nick and happy new year to you!

Blur Ting said...

Merry Christmas!! Hope you have a wonderful time like always and a great year ahead!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur

I wish you a happy Christmas! And the best new year ever!

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt said...

I like making cards, too! Glad you had so much fun. Enjoy your holiday!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Katherine

I've really enjoyed making my cards, it's home made ones from now on!

Hope you are enjoying the Christmas period.

spangleystar said...

Does anyone else think it looks like FPE has a second head in the 'after the pizza' picture - obviously I know that it is a second person, but still - it amused me xxx

The World According to Me said...

Funnily enough Sophie and I were saying it looked a bit odd! xxx