Tuesday, 18 December 2007

You can call me Rudolph

“Achoo!” That was me sneezing by the way, in case you were wondering. I’ve felt rather run down the past couple of days.
In an ideal world, I would be able to stay in bed, or on the sofa, dosed up with medication, a box of tissues for company, and watching children’s television. I’m sorry to say, this is not an ideal world, and it’s one of my busiest times in the office EVER due to the yearly publication. Plus (I may have mentioned this before) my not-so-new boss waltzed off to Australia for a whole month, leaving me to hold the production fort. So I'm soldiering on.
I do realise that people on the trains and in the office must be cursing me and my germs, but I have to ensure the yearly publication is sent to print per schedule.
Mind you, I can’t win at home either, my mother and father keep giving each other worrying looks every time I cough/sneeze/blow my nose. For it was only last night my mother said, “If I catch that, I shall go mad!”
I can’t help being under the weather! Believe me, if I had a choice, I would rather be fighting fit and running a marathon (or maybe I should stick to eating a marathon, ha, ha. (Oh hang on, they're called Snickers bars now. I'm a little behind the times.)
What’s a girl to do? I have to live somewhere, and I have to get my work done. So, pardon my germs, I am trying to keep them to myself.
I've even cancelled two prior engagements. And I never cancel on anyone, even if my leg was hanging off, I would probably still keep my word and show my face.
However, I do realise that a week before Christmas people would prefer you to explain that you have a cold, rather than turn up, sneeze and splutter all over them, and therefore pass your illness on - in time for Christmas day.
So it's vitamin c galore in my house now, and I'm surrounded by lemsips, strepsils and tissues. Crikey, I have just caught a glimpse of my nose in the mirror. You should see the colour of it! You can call me Rudolph (the red nosed reindeer). How festive I look.

Picture of the day:

Present time.

15 comments:

JYankee said...

get well soon!

Nick Phillips said...

Hope you get well soon. Don't want you missing out on Christmas now do we :)

La delirante said...

"I do realise that people on the trains and in the office must be cursing me and my germs, but I have to ensure the yearly publication is sent to print per schedule". I totally understand...sometimes you just can't avoid going to work even if you are feeling very bad :( Hope you get well soon!

spangleystar said...

Ah sweetie - rotten time to be ill! I am about to drop down in shock that you've cancelled plans -Well it's like I've just seen a flying pink elephant !!!

Hope you're feeling better very soon ! The presents look gorgeous you're such a creative one aren't you !

xxx

Blur Ting said...

Oh dearie me. I hope you get well soon. You can only achieve that, my dear lady, by getting plenty of rest. Perhaps you should get the flu jab after you've recovered from this bout of flu.

Get well soon. You need to be well for X'mas!

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Jyankee

Hope all is well in your world.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

Definitely don't want to be ill for Christmas.
I'm hoping to get the cold out of the way, and be jumping for joy over the Christmas period!

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

You know how it is with the work load! I'm just breaking for five minutes, then it's lemsip time and back to work I go!
Thanks for your get well soon wishes.

The World According to Me said...

Spangleystar, the one and only.

Those Flying Pink Elephants! Did you think you'd ever hear the day when I would cancel?!

Hope you're sparkling today!

xxx

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Blur.

Hope you've avoided picking up the bug?

Flu jab might be a good idea!

I'll be over to your world later.

Krystle said...

Get Well Soon!! I hope you're feeling a bit better already today..Take Care

Kate said...

I like blackcurrant Lemsips with whiskey. If you haven't tried them with whiskey, I recommend it! :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello Kystle

Thanks for you posting and your get well wishes. Just taken a peep at your blog and I'm impressed. I'll be back!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

I love blackcurrant flavour anything, one of my favs!
Although I'm not a big fan of whiskey. Still, if it helps, I'm all for trying it!
Hope you are well.

Blur Ting said...

hope you're feeling better. i tagged you in a meme. do it at your own time please.