Saturday, 1 December 2007

The wedding reception

December has arrived! The frost is delicately sprinkled in the garden, the bare trees are waving in the breeze, and I am looking at my shots from the wedding reception last night.
My friend Ali was married yesterday, and my friend Eve, and I, joined her for the evening celebrations. It was held in a local venue, filled with Christmas decorations, cheerful people, delicious food, and a live band singing and playing musical instruments. The brides dress was exquisite, and she was radiating happiness.
One wedding guest said hello to me and asked if I recognised her. "Erm, no sorry, I don't" was my reply. Apparently she was Davina McCallgirl from the hen night. "Arr," I said. " I didn't recognise you without your wig and microphone."
Eve and I circulated, drank and ate, and we couldn't help noticing the giant polar bear in the corner. I wonder if he had far to travel from?

Pictures of the day:

Friend and polar bear.


Me and polar bear.


Just resting on the piano


The snowman wrapped up warm for the occasion.


So did the penguins.


Even Father Christmas was there.

14 comments:

JYankee said...

wow Christmas already... time really does go by quickly..but looked like a good time was had by all!

patience of a saint said...

That is a huge polar bear. I love weddings, especially with a christmas theme, even better. You both looked like you was having a lovely time x

Blur Ting said...

I LOVE your top! You look so pretty in this outfit.

seagrape said...

you look great ^_^

Nick Phillips said...

Wow, I love the Christmas decorations. And a Christmas themed wedding, how cool is that :) And the Polar bear look cool too ...

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

The wedding definitely got us into the Christmas spirit!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Patience

You can't beat a wedding for an enjoyable time! Especially a Christmas themed wedding.

See you soon!

xx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur

Why thank you for saying so.
I had a little last minute sewing panic with the top, as I put it on about an hour before I was due to leave and the hem had somehow come down!
Nothing is ever straight forward, is it!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Seagrape

Thank you! I couldn't resist having my picture taken with the polar bear!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nick

I think the Christmas theme really added to the magical atmosphere.
Have you got your decorations up yet, I wonder?

Anonymous said...

Look how skinny you are !!!
Fab outfit Kinks - REALLY FOXY xxx

The World According to Me said...

Thanks anon! The old figure is kind of coming back!
xxx

Nick Phillips said...

I'm half way thru my decorations. Hoping to get it all up by this weekend :)

The World According to Me said...

Hi Nick

Roll on with the Christmas decorations!
I'm wrapping tomorrow night!