Friday, 7 December 2007

Kangaroos could save the world

I’m in a marvelously good mood today. The fact that it’s Friday may be playing an enormous part in my good mood. On Fridays, me and the rest of the gang are allowed to leave the office a whole half hour earlier than the normal working hours. In the summer (August to be exact) it’s four and a half hours earlier than normal, but we must be thankful for half hours in the winter.
My first mince pie of the season has also added to my cheerfulness. These were circulated, very generously, by Someone in the office. “Why thanks, don’t mind if I do,” said I.
Anyone would think it was Christmas soon! Talking of Christmas, I am having a little debate with myself – the gym tonight or Christmas wrapping? I just can’t make my mind up. My body is crying out for exercise, but the mountain of presents in my bedroom are crying out for me to start wrapping them. Maybe I’ll just see what kind of mood I’m in when I walk through the front door tonight, to the topsy-turvy household.
If you have been paying close attention, you’ll know a new kitchen is being installed in my house, hence the topsy-turvy household. The kitchen table is in the hallway, the microwave is in the lounge, and the washing machine is in the conservatory. Confused? You will be if you come to my house.

Anybody out there have any exciting plans for the weekend? Christmas shopping perhaps? Chilling in front of the telly?
I have another birthday this weekend, my cousins little boy. So there will be another family birthday tea to attend. Which reminds me, I bought his present ages ago but I need to buy a birthday card for a two year old. I feel a visit to the card shop coming on.

Right, marvellously good mood slightly squashed, the editor has informed me there is a George Michael related article in our weekly newsletter.
“Is it praising his talent?” I asked.
“No, it’s connected to a toilet incident.”
Arrg. When will the stigma end?!
I have to get out of here now and visit the card shop. Before I tell the editorial team where to stick their newsletter. (I'm only joking, editorial team!)

But, before I go, I want to mention kangaroos and what they are doing for the environment. I found an interesting piece of news at: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=78527&in_page_id=2
I often lurk at the Internet, to see what's going on in the outside world, before I write my blog.
According to scientists, kangaroo farts are fighting global warming. Thanks to a special bacteria in their stomachs, kangaroos do not emit harmful methane gas when they let off a stinker.
Australian scientists are now planning to transfer that bacteria into cows and sheep to make their flatulence eco-friendly.
It will take researchers about three years to isolate the bacteria before they can think of a way to transfer it to other animals.
I thought I would share that with you.

Enjoy your weekend, and remember that kangaroos could be the answer.

Picture of the day:

Who would like a Friday sugary treat?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't you wrap while you Gym ? Use of Sellotape on the treadmill could be a whole lot of fun ! x

La delirante said...

Hi! How nice that on Fridays you can leave the office early. I wish it was like that for me too. I am really looking forward to the weekend! :)

I found your interesting blog on Nick Phillip's :) Should you wish to visit mine: www.ladelirante.blogspot.com

Have a nice day,

The World According to Me said...

Hmm. That's conjuring up all sorts of images! Can you imagine the state of everyone's Christmas presents, and their faces when they receive them?! Could be fun though! x

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to post.
I'm coming over to you to take a peep...

Have a lovely weekend.

Blur Ting said...

You seem to be buying presents all year long! You must have alot of friends or a big family :-)

JYankee said...

have a lovely weekend..!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur ting

It does feel like that some days!

I have a fairly big family and I'm lucky enough to have lots of great friends.

Bye for now!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Why thanks!

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Why thanks!

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend.