Thursday, 13 December 2007

Jack Frost and the photocopier

Shh. Don’t tell anyone why I was late for work this morning. It was only a mere six minutes after all, and I will make the time up, you can be sure of that.
After snoozing, and then realising there was no snoozing left, I reluctantly got out of bed, and pulled back the curtains. My, look at the outside world, I thought. It’s covered in a blanket of frost. How pretty everything looked. Although I made a mental note to walk to the station wearing a hat, gloves and scarf. Not just a hat, gloves and scarf, that would be plain silly. A girl needs other items of clothing.
After hurriedly washing, dressing, and eating, I opened my front door, knowing I would have to walk as fast as my little legs would carry me, so I could catch my designated train.
But I got distracted. My camera came out, and I started snapping away at the snow flakes which were sprinkled on the streets and in the gardens. Even a spiders web looked pretty!
So that you don’t feel left out, and feel part of my journey to the station, I have attached the photographs below. (See how thoughtful I am!)
When I arrived at the office, I realised today was not a good day to be six minutes late. My yearly review was sprung on me by my not-so-new manager, who is off to Australia tomorrow.
Forms were filled in, objectives were set, and forms were photocopied.
Has anybody else out there got photo copying phobia? The photocopier in the office could be mistaken for a small air craft. It copies, it faxes, it prints, it scans, it lights up, and everyone has their own personal code to use it. And I’m sure one day it will start churning out cups of coffees, making cheese rolls, and then take off into space.
But whenever I go near it, it jams. The paper gets stuck, the warning sign comes on, and I waste far too much time trying to figure out where the jam is, and wondering why this is happening to me. Today was no exception. The air was blue, my foot was itching to kick it, and everyone in the office was giving me a wide berth.
I finally photocopied my forms and had my yearly review. I’d say it went reasonably well, and next year I will be able to take a more active part with the design side of production, because my Apple Mac will be upgraded (again) and I shall be attending as many training courses as physically possible. Let’s hope I can receive a pay rise too!

I have to go now, as I have a meeting with my not-so-new manager before she jets off to Australia for a month. Me, jealous? Of course I’m not. I’m also a big, fat liar. Of course I’m jealous!
Oh well. I hope you are all having a productive and enjoyable day. And remember, if faced with a photocopier, do not, under any circumstances, let it get the better of you! It's only a machine, after all.

Pictures of the day:

One frosty morning.






16 comments:

Spangleystar said...

Loving the pictures - well done clever girl xxx

The World According to Me said...

Arr, thanks spangleystar. Nice of you to say so. xxx

Blur Ting said...

Wow beautiful pictures!! This is the first time I have seen a frosty spider web. It almost look fake! I would have problems getting out of bed on cold mornings.
I was laughing out loud when you said "Not just a hat, gloves and scarf, that would be plain silly."

I'm like you when it comes to shooting too. I'm always whipping out my camera to shoot every single thing.

Nick Phillips said...

Wow, those are excellent pictures :D I hope you do get that pay rise too.

Happy weekend to you.

seagrape said...

cool pics - especially the spider web.
just a hat, scarf and gloves...lol...and a toast hanging from your mouth :)
have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

The pictures are just beautiful! I, too, have my fingers crossed for you to receive a big fat raise!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur

I don't think I have ever seen a spider web like that either?
Glad you like the pics, I couldn't resist photographing the frost! As I'm sure you'll understand!

I remembered to wear other items of clothing too!

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

I could do with a pay rise! Thanks for your wishes.

Happy weekend.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Seagrape

At least I mananged to eat the toast before I left the house! Not always possible with me!

Have a great weekend too.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Rebecca

Nice to hear from you. How are things with you?

Fingers, eyes and toes crossed with the pay rise!

La delirante said...

Hi! I was also a bit late today :( 3 minutes perhaps, but I also make it up for the delay :)

I love your pictures! I can't imagine what it is like to see all that frost and snow! One day I will touch snow :)

today we had a sunny day in Malta, as almost always (though I must admit it has been reaining lately).

Have a lovely weekend!

La delirante said...

BTW, about the pay rise...sounds great!! My best wishes, hope you get it!

JYankee said...

lovely photos... well six minutes...that's not too bad!

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

Thanks for the pay rise wishes.
Is the sun still shining in Malta?

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

Glad you like the pics.

I can honestly say I have made up for the six minutes now!

Hope you had a nice weekend.

La delirante said...

Hi" Yes, it is very sunny today! But yesterday the weather was dreadful...rainy, cloudy and very humid :(