Tuesday, 25 December 2007

Happy 25th of December

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you all had a splendid day.
Apparently, I read in a national newspaper, the average person gains eight pounds over the Christmas period. I've probably put on twice as much as that today alone. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating, but I have eaten well.
After opening presents with my parents this morning, I had a bar of chocolate from my 'selection box' for breakfast. How nutritious was that?!
Chocolate eaten, and some great presents opened - a bed for my dolls house, a gym top (the treadmill is calling me!), a couple of cook books and a 'how to photograph absolutely everything' book etc etc, we visited my nan in her care home.
Her face beamed at us when we walked in. We helped her open her presents and sang along to the background music. Thank goodness she is out of hospital (she broke her hip not long ago), as spending Christmas day visiting her in hospital was quite a daunting prospect. Last year she broke her arm and Christmas day was spent by her hospital bed. Anyone who has seen a loved one in hospital on Christmas day will know how sad it can feel.
After spending time with my nan and leaving safe in the knowledge that she was about to eat her Christmas dinner, my mother, father and I, went home for ours. It was delicious. Turkey, sausages, roast potatoes, stuffing and vegetables were piled high on our plates. Followed by a moist and fruity Christmas pudding.
Dinner was digested, and the next stop was my aunts house where my other aunt, uncle and cousins were.
How lucky I am to have such a loving family to spend Christmas day with. More presents were opened, and I was over the moon with my 'George Michael, the biography' book.
Then it was tea time! Cold meats, quiche, salad and a selection of cheeses. With a choice of cheesecake, chocolate log, fruit cake or banoffee pie for dessert. See what I mean?!
I'm home now, wearing my new leopard print pyjamas and piggie slippers, tasteful is not a word I would use to describe myself tonight. Charlie Chaplin is on the television and a box of 'quality street' are staring me in the face. But I couldn't possibly eat anything else. Or maybe just a tiny weeny strawberry cream? No, I can't! I have to go to bed pronto and stop eating.
Sweet (strawberry cream) dreams everybody.

Pictures of the day:

The tree in my house.


For Kate.


For Jyankee.

10 comments:

JYankee said...

oh yeah? so you gotta take a photo of the cover of the GM "the biography" book! is it an authorized version?

The World According to Me said...

Hi Yyankee

Just for you, expect a picture soon! It's written by Rob Jovanovic. It begins in 1963, when George was born, up to present day. With lots of colour photographs!

Kate said...

Merry Christmas! Hey, what about a photo of the piggie slippers?

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

The same to you!

Okay, piggie slippers to follow too!

Hope you are well.

La delirante said...

"my new leapord print pyjamas and piggie slippers" That sounds cool! :) I saw a leopard print pyjamas some days ago. I quite liked it :)

It sounds like you had a great Christmas!

I was going through your previous posts and I saw so many beautiful pictures! You have talent! When I saw the ones of London I thought of the movies like "Nothing Hill" or "Love actually" It looks like a great place London. I would like to go in Summer this year :)

Any plans for New Year's eve?

All the best for the New Year! :)

Nick Phillips said...

Nice to read that you had a nice Christmas :D The turkey sausages and roast potatoes sounds absolutely yummy :)

The World According to Me said...

Hello La Delirante

Thank you for the photographs compliment, I'm glad you liked them.
I'm sure you'll love London, if you do decide to visit in the summer. It's full of history and activities. You won't be short of places to visit and things to see.

Happy New Year! I hope you had fun seeing the new year in.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Nick

My Christmas dinner was yummy! I could eat it all again right now.

Hope all is good in your world.

spangleystar said...

Kinks you must be the only person I know who likes strawberry creams - I'l save you all mine xxx

The World According to Me said...

Spangley star

I'll have your strawberry creams! Although I have noticed they are now called strawberry delights. I wish these chocolate people would stick to the original names... xxx