Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Watch out for low flying tables

I’m a little behind. I don’t mean in the backwards mentality sense (or maybe that’s debatable) but what I mean to say is, I am a little behind with blogging, due to one thing and another.
So, I’m going to write about last Friday’s activities. I had a brilliant night, celebrating my birthday with friends. At 5pm, work colleague and friend, and I, left the office in search of the hotel my friend (all the way from Devon) was staying at. We took a slight detour in the wrong direction and to the wrong hotel. Usually my work colleague and friend is excellent at finding the correct destination, but as I have mentioned before, I am not top of the class when it comes to such matters, and my lack of direction seems to rub off on others.
We finally reached the correct meeting place, nodded in approval at the decor, and happily met my Devon pal. And how nice of her to travel many, many miles for my birthday drinks.
We then made our way to the chosen venue of the night, with reserved seating.
Friends from all areas and walks of life started trickling in, and each time I saw someone I became more excited. Wine, champagne, nibbles, and the lethal Tequila Slammers were ordered. High kicks and all sorts of strange shapes were made on the dance floor. And my leg is now covered in bruises due to an unfortunate incident with a table.
At roughly 1.30am, myself, my friend Caron, and my Devon friend, were the last people ‘standing’ so we flagged down a black cab to the hotel. Luckily, the staff didn’t seem to notice, or care, that three girls trotted off to a double room on the second floor.
The next thing I remember is waking up with half eaten cheese sandwiches next to me. Arr, one of my friends must have ordered room service.
Saturday was spent in a slightly vacant frame of mind. My Devon friend and I drifted aimlessly around the streets of London. Every now and then we stopped to admire something in a shop window, and every now and then I could be heard saying “I have no idea where we are,” and “my leg hurts.”
One thing I did notice in my vacant frame of mind, which was just as well really as they were rather conspicuous, were the enchanting Christmas decorations.

Pictures of the day:

Have an enchanted Christmas.


The busy life on the London streets.


Taxi!

4 comments:

Mike M said...

Great pictures! Great post!

Blur Ting said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like a crazily fun night out! Oh, love those pixs too. The buildings in London are so pretty.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Mike

Thought I'd give you a little taster of pre Christmas London.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur

It was a crazily fun night indeed!

Glad you appreciate the buildings, there are certainly some impressive ones dotted around.