Friday, 2 November 2007

Thoughts

I'll be famous soon, this is the second time I have been tagged. This time, it's from the inspiring blog http://mminzes.blogspot.com/

It's called 'eight things about me and my thoughts' and after a little pondering, I have the following eight things for you to read at your leisure.

1. We can all make mistakes but it’s admitting them and learning from them that’s important.

I’ve made teeny tiny errors, and I’ve made some whoppers. Sometimes you just don’t know what to do for the best, you think you have made the right choice, but then you realise it was the wrong decision and the incorrect path. But life doesn’t come with a big neon sign saying ‘This way to the correct choice.’ You have to trust your judgement, and if that proves to be wrong, be a bigger person, admit it, think how you can put it right and store it in your brain under ‘I won’t do that again!’

2. Look beyond a pretty face, it’s the beauty inside that counts.

It sounds corny, but it’s true. Have you ever met a good looking person, but their personality makes them ugly? I think if you are a good, decent, kind person, it can show on your face and you can radiate warmth. Even if your face is full of pimples and your ears stick out too much!

3. Appreciating nature always makes me feel good, even when everything seems to be going wrong.

The vibrant colours of a flower, the chorus of song birds, the bright stars twinkling in the night sky.
How easy it is to get bogged down in life with the nitty gritty. But whenever I look at the wonder of nature, I can feel my spirits lift and I am smiling once again.

4. Remember to tell family members and friends how much they mean to you. Don’t take their love and friendship for granted.
How rewarding does it feel when someone says they love you, or how much they have enjoyed your company. But remember it works both ways. Tell someone close to you how much they mean to you, and don't take them or their love for granted.

5. I believe a little indulgence every now and then is good for the soul.

Whether it’s a cold beer or your favourite chocolate bar. You’ll probably know my favourite indulges from reading this blog! But in moderation, why deprive yourself of a little treat that can make you feel happy inside!

6. I think you can worry too much about tomorrow, and forget to enjoy today.

I can worry with the best of them, but sometimes I have to stop myself and realise I am worrying about something which could never happen and I’m letting the day, and precious time, slip by.

7. Never under estimate a good sense of humour.
Laughing is healthy. Laughing at yourself is even healthier! I love to laugh. It’s free and it can be contagious. And I'm even better at laughing at myself.

8. Please respect the fact that I like George Michael, and I’ll respect the fact that he is not your cup of tea!

It really winds me up when certain people point out that he is gay and insult his sexual preference. Okay, you might not appreciate his music and his voice, that's fair enough, although I do, for various reasons close to my heart.
The first time I went to see him in concert was with with a very special person who was sadly taken from this life. He's no longer with me in body, but he is certainly never absent from my heart.

Thank you and good night.

Now it's my turn to tag. I am tagging anyone who reads this, especially the following:

http://jyankee.blogspot.com/

http://www.ramblingrebecca.blogspot.com/

http://seagrapejelly.blogspot.com/

http://blurting.blogspot.com/

http://katediggins.blogspot.com/

http://luxuriouschoices.blogspot.com/

http://hle-patienceofasaint.blogspot.com/

Have fun!

Picture of the day:

The vibrant colours of the pink Lilly

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GEORGE MICHAEL ROCKS - better than Phil Collins any day xxx

The World According to Me said...

You said it mate! I couldn't resist including him. xx

Mike M said...

Beautiful flower for a beautiful meme

JYankee said...

like the flower...and gosh i was tagged! ok.. that can be tomorrow's post! i like george michael too.. yes he is gay and proud..and so is elton john and i like BOTH!

Blur Ting said...

You've got some really good points there. Thanks for tagging me. I shall start mulling on this one now...

The World According to Me said...

Hi Mike

Thanks for reading and for your comment.
Glad you like the flower. Other than sunflowers, it's a personal favourite of mine.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

I haven't been on blogger for a little while but will pay you a visit today.

You have good taste - George Michael and Elton!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur Ting

Glad you like my thoughts! Just been over to you and read yours, very thoughful and wise.
(I don't like being yelled at either!)