Thursday, 1 November 2007

Happy Halloween

No more Mr Nice Guy. No more pretty flower pictures. Well, not for today’s post anyway, in honour of Halloween.
Last night, my work colleague and friend Sophie, and I, left the office and headed straight to the nearest pub (that’s the spirit). White wine and beer were requested, and we sat amongst the witches and wizards. (They weren’t real witches and wizards, this was Halloween night, remember).
After our beverages, we hurried along to HMV and ‘The Creep Show’ double dvd was bought. We then jumped on a couple of trains to my work colleague and friend’s house. Not forgetting the Chinese take away and the bottle of wine on the way.
Anybody out there viewed ‘The Creep Show’? If so, you will know it’s verging on the ridiculous. Okay, I realise it’s meant to be in a comic-book-style, and it was made back in the 80’s, but that didn’t stop us sniggering at the classic line, from the dead man emerging from the grave, demanding: “I want cake!” Mind you, if I were to be resurrected from the dead, I would probably ask for some cheese and chocolate. Maybe it’s not so out of the ordinary then?!
Tiredness took over in the end, and after delicious Kung-pu chicken, special fried rice and Jacobs Creek, we vowed to finish watching the double dvd another time.
Just when I thought it was all over, it was off to the spare room where the black panther was guarding the bed. But this time, I think I scared it more than it scared me, with my lack of make-up and my chocolate pictured pyjamas.

Pictures of the day:

Happy Halloween.



Help! There's a strange human in the spare room!

6 comments:

Kate said...

So, Halloween is getting some attention over there these days, huh? My husband says that's because everyone's getting sick of having their Guy Fawkes fireworks rained out every year. :)

Blur Ting said...

ha ha. the black panther! Oh, he's so scaryyyy!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

Yep, it's bound to rain on fireworks night!
Halloween seems to be getting a little more attention each year. Although I don't think we have caught up with you guys yet.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Blur Ting

Have you ever seen such a scary black panther?!

seagrape said...

can't wait to celebrate halloween the grown up way...lol
that's one handsome panther.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Seagrape

Halloween can be fun!

Maybe everyone should have a black panther in their spare room?!