Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Our house

Lucky me still has fifteen days annual leave remaining for this year. So I shall be taking the odd day off here and there, work schedule permitting.
Today I have been on annual leave. And guess what I decided to do with my time? I decided to lay wooden effect kitchen flooring and hang traditional delft tile design wallpaper. Before you praise me for my D.I.Y. skills, let me explain it was for my Edwardian style dolls house.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I do not have my own house any longer, but I do own a rather attractive dolls house which I am enjoying decorating and choosing furniture for. It's like being a mini interior designer, on a budget I can afford! I've always quite fancied being an interior designer, so this is second best from the real thing. And who knows, as I've mentioned on an earlier blog, it would be nice to think that one day there will be a mini female me to admire and cherish this dolls house.
This afternoon, while I was measuring wall paper samples, a nice man visited my mother about a new kitchen. She has gone one step further than me and has ordered a full scale kitchen, with hand painted cupboards. It looks very attractive and homely in the brochure, and should be here in 6- 8 weeks.
As I have been indoors today, I thought I would take pictures of 'our house' to share with everyone.

Pictures of the day:

Welcome to our house.


One of the motto's in our house.


Another house motto.


I wonder what this lot will make of the new kitchen?


I think she needs a break from the kitchen.


Hopefully the teddy's in the lounge won't object to a new kitchen.


My (dolls house) kitchen, with newly laid floor and newly hung paper.

14 comments:

Mike M said...

What a cool doll house!! And a great post!

JYankee said...

Cool! And here I thought you were really being Martha Stewart there for awhile....!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Mike

Glad you liked the post and appreciate my dolls house interior.
Hope all is good with you.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Jyankee

How are you?
You can call me Martha if you wish!

Blur Ting said...

Wow, lovely! It must be so fun to do up the doll house!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blurting

It is fun actually. I think I'll decorate the bedroom next!
Be over to you soon...

Rebecca said...

How funny! Looks like it could be very therapeutic! My son's school raffles off a completed doll house every year.

Anonymous said...

FPE - you need to get out more !!! Only kidding, it's fabulous - as are you xxx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

It has been quite therapeutic.
Good raffle prize!

Hi aonon

Be nice if it was real, hey! I can imagine us at the table with a bottle of red and white! xx

Anonymous said...

I know - you really need to start drinking red, easier on both of our livers xxx

Kate said...

The doll house is great! It looks like the real thing.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

How are you? Glad you like my mini house! I wish it was the real thing!

patience of a saint said...

What a fantastic hobby to have, and good practise for the eventual goal. Looks like you have done a very good job there, maybe a change of career?

The World According to Me said...

Thanks Patience

It is good fun choosing all the decor. Would love to have the money to do it for real, but who knows, maybe one day soon eh! Or a different career path, as you say? x