Friday, 5 October 2007

Diamonds are forever

I must confess to feeling a little tired whilst tapping today’s entry. In theory, I should have slept like a log last night - what a strange expression, do logs sleep?! I’d enjoyed a few glasses of white wine, which always relaxes my mood, and I was in a lovely comfortable double bed, with my friend Annie.
When I finally drifted off to sleep, I had a very scrambled dream of flying genies, advertisements, bags of sweets and engagement rings.
The engagement rings featuring in my dream makes perfect sense, as my dear friend Annie is now engaged. Her boyfriend proposed to her whilst they were dining out during their holiday. It all sounded very romantic, and her ring is a shiny, stylish, beautiful collection of diamonds. I have never seen her as content and happy as she is now, and obviously I am over the moon for her.
We had a very pleasant evening last night, a delicious plateful of spaghetti bolognaise, chilled white wine and browsing through brochures of possible venues for her forthcoming wedding. One venue in particular looked very magical and atmospheric, and I am looking forward to her ‘big day’ already.
A couple of years ago I would have been a little cynical towards planning a wedding. But that’s because my own one proved to be a disaster! Being cynical is not really in my nature, so I have thankfully moved on from this emotion, and I do believe in falling in love again, and learning from my mistakes. Plus, seeing my friend so happy and excited towards her wedding, and so content with her man, restores my faith in relationships.
Here’s to having faith restored in happy, fulfilling relationships! (And falling asleep faster tonight.)

Picture of the day:

One of my favourite places to read

6 comments:

patience of a saint said...

Here's to Annie and her big day, I cannot wait, absolutely cannot wait. It will be a very grand affair and she will look stunning. There is a prince waiting for everyone of us. I'm still waiting ha ha ha not really x x x x

Blur Ting said...

Like you, I'm always so happy and excited when friends get married. for some reason, it's such a nice feeling and we girls always believe in happily ever after.

JYankee said...

Yes here's to your friend and her wedding. It is a nice feeling..no matter what your own experience has been... Yes..like Blur says..we believe in the happily ever after.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Patience

Yep, let's raise a glass to Annie and her big, grand day. And to the bridesmaids! Bet you will look stunning too. xx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Blur ting

It is an exciting time for her and you can't help but get caught up in all the happiness and excitment.
Happily ever after!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

It is very nice to see someone you care about so happy. And it's nice to dream about my prince and happily ever after!