Thursday, 11 October 2007

1408

Scary film alert! I saw ‘1408’ at the cinema last night, with my work colleague and friend, Sophie. It’s based on a short story by Stephen King (being a King fan I have read the story) and starring John Cusack as the cynical, horror writer, and Samuel L Jackson as the hotel employee who warns the writer that room 1408 is “an evil ******* room!”
He hit the nail on the head with that comment! It’s a claustrophobic, terrifying, your worst nightmare come true, evil hotel room.
I watched the film on the edge of my seat and through wide-open eyes, and loved every frightening moment. Maybe I’m a little warped, or maybe I just appreciate mind bending physiological thrillers.
Before the film, Sophie and I had a couple of hours to spare, so we had a liquid dinner at a near by bar. Office politics were discussed once we were sat at our table, but the more wine we drank the less serious we became. In fact, we were having so much fun we nearly forgot the purpose of the evening was to attend the cinema, to view the adaptation of a story by one of our favourite writers.
I even have pictures to prove it!

Pictures of the day:

The beginning.


Meet my work colleague and friend.


Why is one glass of wine never enough?


Is it me, or am I seeing double?


I'm sure we're supposed to be somewhere else?

9 comments:

JYankee said...

and those photos were BEFORE the movie?

Kate said...

Atleast you remembered to be scared!

Anonymous said...

You are priceless FPE - never change !!! Looking fab in those pictures, loving the last one - it's got you sewn right up ! can't wait to see you next week, Cx

The World According to Me said...

Hi Yjankee

Yep, this was all before the film!
Hope you are not too bogged down with your work load.

The World According to Me said...

Hi Kate

Good point, we remembered to be scared!

The World According to Me said...

I must apologise for my typing error, Jyankee! Sorry about that.

The World According to Me said...

Hey anon

I can't wait to see you either! Roll on next Thursday.
The last pic is typically me, I agree! xx

patience of a saint said...

LOVE THE PICS FPE, you are so funny x x x x x

The World According to Me said...

Glad you like them patience!Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Looking forward to catching up with you soon. xx