Tuesday, 14 August 2007

About last night

Today’s title is not referring to the film starring Demi Moore and Rob Lowe (I have seen the film a million and one times during my Rob Lowe school girl crush days) but I am talking about my eventful reading material last night.
I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The book has taken me longer than normal to read, as knowing it was the final, crucial installment, I have wanted to absorb every single word. Although I have avoided any reviews/conversations about it, like I would avoid the plague.
I won’t spoil it for anyone who is in the process of reading it still, or contemplating buying it. Let’s just say, it does not disappoint. The climax at the end had me scanning the words at lightening speed, for I couldn't wait to hear what would happen next. My eyes read the very last word about midnight last night.
Phew, I felt exhausted and fulfilled when I closed the book. Isn’t it great how a book can do that to you?!
My head hit the pillow, still thinking Harry Potter type thoughts, and I drifted off into dream land. In my dream land, I was, wait for it, none other than Harry Potter!
I was a wizard with a magical wand. I commanded order and attention where ever I ventured. And I possessed magical powers like no other. And would you be able to guess what I decided to do with these magnificent life changing powers? I decided to stop toast from burning. Yes, Harry Potter strikes again. In my dream I flew high on my broomstick, circulating houses where the toaster was in action. Here I cast a spell on bread, and to the amazement of the toast loving muggles, I prevented it from being over done.
I have no idea why I limited my new powers to toast. Disappointed when I awoke? A little.

Before all the excitement of the final chapter and the toasters, I came across a very unusual tree while walking from the station to my house. In fact, I had to do a double take, as out of the corner of my eye it looked like a giant nose jutting out the bark of a tree. Can you see it too?

Picture of the day:

The tree with the nose

12 comments:

patience of a saint said...

What a fantastic picture, couldn't have imagined it could look any more like a nose. Is it a possible for Countryfile? Like your dream, little disappointed that your magical powers could only stop toast burning. Maybe you could try harder for tonight's dream?

The World According to Me said...

I will definitely try harder in tonight's dream.

I was quite taken back by the tree. Have you ever seen anything like it?

As for the countryfile comp, they have called it 'All creatures great and small' so I'm guessing that some kind of animal features in it...

patience of a saint said...

Oh I see, sorry I am useless aren't I? Have just noticed the flying pink elephant, it is excellent x

JYankee said...

YEah it really does!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi jyankee

I thought I would share my discovery with you!

I'll let you know if I come across any more with body parts attached to them!

Anonymous said...

Hey hope you're enjoying tearing around in your new toy. I finished HP now - and am now feeling a deep sense of loss, it's either Harry Potter or my appendix I'm missing xxx

The World According to Me said...

Anonymous! Where art thou? You're not back at your desk yet are you? Thought you were flying back on Saturday??

I can relate to the Harry loss. But I can not relate to the appendix loss, as mine is still in tact. How's life without it? Missed ya! x

Mike M said...

I love that picture!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Mike

Thanks for popping over. Hope all is good with you.

Glad you like the nosey tree.

Rebecca said...

Wow, it totally looks like a nose! Wonder what caused THAT!

I read the HP book in about a week or so. I loved it, but think I need to go back and reread the final 2 or 3 chapters. My eyes were positively skipping over every word in my excitement to reach the end. I saw The Order of the Phoenix with my husband and son before reading either Half Blood or Deathly Hallows. I am now reading Order to see what was left out.

Funny dream, though. I wish there was a magical toast witch, wizard or faerie to prevent toast from burning :)

r.

Rebecca said...

Oh, btw, I WISH I had my camera with me during my last trip to Whole Foods in Columbus Circle (NYC). There was a big ole purple eggplant with a very penis like appendage sticking out. I kid you not!!! My son was in STITCHES!!!

The World According to Me said...

Hi Rebecca

Just read your last post re the egg plant and penis shape and laughed out loud!

I have all sorts of weird images in my head now!