Friday, 20 July 2007

Reasons to be cheerful

1. It's pay day.
2. It's Friday.
3. I have booked a days holiday for next Monday. (Kew Gardens here I come.)
4. The owner of The Car With No Key is getting a key cut for me and I should be able to check it out at the weekend!

I'm sure I could concoct other reasons to be cheerful, such as, the melody of songbirds singing in the dawn chorus, a colourful rainbow after the storm, floating on a boat in the calm blue sea, a shooting star you make a wish upon, and the smell of chestnuts roasting on an open fire (that's if you like chestnuts). But for now, I will stick with my four reasons above.

I have decided in this hour that I will post a 'picture of the day' on each blog installment. I have a few up my sleeve, or rather on my camera, to share with you and it will keep me on my toes with regards to capturing new images.

Today's picture is one of Gods sea creatures.

5 comments:

rp said...

There are ALWAYS reasons to be cheerful, in my opinion. Just sometimes takes work to see them.

Love the sea creature. Any idea what it is?

Have a wonderful weekend :)

The World According to Me said...

You are right, people get too bogged down with life and stop appreciating the simple yet cheerful things in life.

As for the sea feature, it was taken in Singapore and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. I'll see if I can investiage...

Enjoy your weekend.

rp said...

I left something for you on my site...come visit. And also visit Three Beautiful Things. Your post today reminded me of that blog.

JYankee said...

a nice reminder ....and yeah...what is that photo? some kinda jelly fish?

The World According to Me said...

Hello rp and Jyankee

Thank you again for the award on your blog, rp, I'm still chauffed to receive it. This is the first chance I have had to write and update, so watch this space for the added award.

As for the 'picture of the day' I'm afraid it's a case of 'guess the sea creature' !