Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Minor mishaps and gigantic killer eagles

Holes in my cardigan update - do you think I could find a replacement cardigan yesterday? I failed miserably to track down another black cardigan.
And I got distracted with other items of clothing, as there was a sale in House of Fraser. Items not half price, but quarter price! How could I possibly resist that?
The bargain items which I purchased were all wrapped in a nice paper Tommy Hilfiger bag. Unfortunately, even with umbrella up, this nice paper bag proved to be another casualty of the weather. As I departed my first train on my journey home, the paper bag collapsed, due to the water it had consumed, and my new clothes spilled out in front of my very eyes and were met with gasps from fellow passengers. Luckily, my fast reflexes saved them from tumbling underneath the train, and I scooped them up (red faced) into my arms. I then carried them to a bench on the platform, and thanks to Sainsbury's, I placed them in my spare Sainsbury's plastic carrier bag. It could only happen to me.

I've had my fair share of problems while boarding and disembarking trains. Once, my heel snapped off my boot, just as I was about to step onto the carriage. I suffered a very uneven train journey, and then had to stand outside a shoe shop - one heel on, one heel off - for thirty minutes, waiting for the shop to open so I could buy cheap replacement boots. The sales assistants thought it was hilarious but me, and my boss at the time (I was very late for work) were less than impressed.
Another time I managed to get my foot wrapped around a fellow passengers exceedingly long strap, on their man bag. A near by passenger had to come to the rescue and unravel me, before my foot and the strap got stuck in the doors.
And how could I forget the time that I ran for my train, without breakfast inside me (the most important meal of the day!) and then once on the train I started to feel dizzy. 'I feel like I'm going to faint,' I remember thinking to myself. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor with a few concerned faces peering down at me. I was helped off at my stop as I was feeling rather weak to say the least, and a station guard was called. He took me into his office and made me a cup of tea, with a digestive biscuit. I felt much better after that and made my way to work. And would you believe it, that lunchtime I went to the pub with work colleagues and a random stranger come up to me and said very loudly, so the whole pub could hear 'you're the one who passed out on the train this morning!'

Anyway, I tried my new clothes on again at home, and realised the receipt had been lost in the collapsing of the paper bag extravaganza. I'm not totally convinced with one of the dresses either, although my mother says it's 'flattering' so I think that means it looks okay?
I couldn't be bothered to go to the gym last night (that's the attitude!) even though the car is back on the drive. But I will go tonight for the jellified legs and the tomato red face. Instead, I had a little pampering evening with face mask and fake tan and an early night. I even managed to drift off without the aid of relaxing music, and I dreamt about my blog.
In my dream, I logged on to the site, and realised someone had written U2 song lyrics all over my ramblings. Then I noted a link, which I clicked onto, and it transported me to a field where I found myself sitting on a gigantic eagle. But for some reason I thought the eagle was going to eat me, so I went back to the site, via the link. I then found myself in a hotel, being fed cheese cake by my old home economics teacher. After being 'force' fed, I went to a summer fete where I won a blue ash tray, shaped as a fish, by using chopsticks to pick it up.
Don't you just love the madness of dreams.
I thought I would look 'eagle' up in the dream dictionary and was quite pleased with the definition:

Eagle
To see an eagle in your dream, symbolizes nobility, pride, fierceness, freedom, superiority, courage, and powerful intellectual ability. Eagles also indicate self-renewal. You will struggle fiercely and courageously to realize your highest ambitions and greatest desires.

(Although there is no explanation for thinking that the eagle is going to eat you?!)

So, here's to future dreams of eagles, and always carrying a spare carrier bag, just in case!

4 comments:

JYankee said...

Sounds like a rather busy day. Don't deal with trains too much here...but it seems like when having one of those days...it's just best to slip back into bed and start over???

Mike M said...

I love you blog! I will be back for more!!

-0-0-

The World According to Me said...

Hi Jyankee

I have to catch 6 trains each day, to enable me to do my job - 3 to get there and 3 to get back. So I suppose bags and heels breaking are only to be expected every now and then?!

I confess that I often feel like slipping back into bed and starting over!

Hope you are having nice day.

The World According to Me said...

Hello Mike m

Thanks for looking and posting.
I can see you have a few blogs going on and they all look very interesting. I am good to have a proper read when I get some quality time tonight...